10.22: John and I roughed in half the electrical. Glenda has been installing cans for recessed lighting. I think we have 48 or something like that. I finished the drain waste system and we started on the source plumbing.
11.8: With help from Carl, Linda and Jim we now have the plumbing complete and the electrical roughed in. After some minor details and inspections we'll move on to insulation and framing.
11.14: We have power! The PUD installed the meter base and turned on the power today. I wired up one outlet in the house and turned on the radio. Last I checked we had used 1 kilowatt.
11.29: We have heat! The pellet stove and propane heater have been up and running for over a week. But now the real fun begins: the radiant heat system is plumbed, replumbed, replumbed, and finally working.
In the picture above you can see most of the main components of the radiant heat system. The white box on the left is the 15Kw electric boiler. The hot water leaves the top of the boiler thought the 1 1/4" black pipe. Above that you can see the pressure/temperature gauge (it's a 12 PSI system that runs at 90 to 180 degrees. The gold fitting is a spiral vent that removes air from the system. The green tank is a diaphragm the helps to maintain a steady 12 PSI. The copper pipe connecting to the green tank and the 1/2" CPVC is the automatic source water supply. There are two red handled shutoffs and 2 maroon Grundfos pumps. The red and blue manifold is in the lower right hand portion of the picture: it controls the water flow to the eight zones/loop in the floor.
12.2: Both tubs are in.
The master tub is nicely installed. The guest tub is 3" off the slab due to a certain lack of prior experience with plumbing. :)